Tuesday 6 October 2009

End of the summer

After being holed up for the past few weekends decorating our living room, I finally had a day free on Sunday, so I headed up to our local park to try and capture some Autumnal shots. As it turned out, it felt more like the very last days of summer; some of the leaves were turning and there were conkers all over the ground, but it was still hanging on to the green freshness of summer. I wanted to capture the dreamy, ethereal feeling with some shots which were suggestive of the atmosphere, rather than merely a reproduction of the scene. Here I have used a wide open aperture (f1.8) to get a very tight depth of field which leaves a lot of the scene out of focus, and adds some bokeh. For some of the shots I have also over exposed by up to three stops so the light flooded in. This helped to blur the edges of some of the leaves.



No comments:

Post a Comment